Our primary mission as a union is to advocate for the economic security of our members and their families. The California Labor Federation and local Labor Councils share this commitment. These organizations interview candidates and research ballot initiatives, and make endorsements and recommendations to support those who support our working families.
- California Labor Federation’s endorsements for state, federal, and local races and ballot measures
- California Labor Federation’s Pocket Card Voter Guide
- IFPTE’s bipartisan list of Congressional candidates
Additionally, ESC Local 20 supports specific candidates through our Legislative Education and Action Program Fund, including these two who are in close races right now. Please consider casting your vote for these two union-approved candidates.
for Superintendent of Public Instruction
for Assembly District 15
Want to volunteer to Get Out the Vote? Please join ESC Local 20 on:
- Saturday 11/3: 9am-3pm at the ACCE office in Richmond at 322 Harbour Way., Ste 25
- Sunday 11/4: 2pm-8pm at the ACCE office in Richmond at 322 Harbour Way., Ste 25
- Monday 11/5: 2pm-8pm at the ACCE office in Richmond at 322 Harbour Way., Ste 25
- Tuesday 11/6: 6am-12noon or 2pm-8pm at the ACCE office in Richmond at 322 Harbour Way., Ste 25
Contact Jonathan Wright, Political Coordinator for more info or to RSVP at email@example.com
Is any dues money used for ESC Local 20’s political program?
The support that we provide to political candidates for office is funded exclusively by voluntary contributions to the Legislative Education and Action Program Fund — no union dues money goes towards this purpose. Many of our employers contribute millions of dollars to politicians or ballot measures so they can influence the political process. The LEAP Fund supports legislative efforts that protect the interest of the labor movement and working families. And we contribute to candidates who will work to serve our union’s members. Through LEAP and the collective impact of the voluntary donations of our members, we can make sure that our union’s voice is heard as well.
Contact Jonathan Wright, Political Coordinator for more info at firstname.lastname@example.org